Friday, February 15, 2008

Weston's First Outing

I have never missed church due to child birth, it's funny when I think of it and how other people must see it. I'm there one Sunday huge and uncomfortable and then there the next Sunday with my tiny bundle of joy!! Anyway my Sunday started off a bit stressful well maybe alot. First of all Chris's mom took Jackson and Savanna that morning and got them dressed and ready so I could focus on myself and Weston. Not easy at all. Weston woke up at 8 am and from that time til 9:45 he would not let me put him down. I had not showered and did not know what to wear. Before I get to far in this story Chris and I had talked that the only thing that would keep me from coming would be my feet. They were still swollen from the epidural. Anyways I was not sure I could get them in my dress shoes. So finally I put Weston in the swing and jumped in the shower. He let me get completely ready and then pooped through his new church outfit. (and by the way Lanna he was wearing pampers which I loath, but we got them from the hospital they are gone thank goodness) Time was running out I was going to be very late. So I rushed around to find a cute first church out fit, cleaned him up and headed out the door. To my horror my truck was gone and Chris's was there. He thought I would not make it (or should I say assumed) so he took my truck with part of Weston's carseat. I thought, we are ready to go Satan get behind me. Needless to say Weston was not properly buckled up but we made it safely. Everyone was surprised because Chris had told them I wouldn't make it because of swollen feet!

2 comments:

made2mama said...

Man, you are one amazing woman is all I can say! Determination can we say and perhaps a little headstrong;)
love you!

Unknown said...

Mandy Lynn I absolutely love this story! Priceless! You are such an incredible momma that I will have much to live up to! That is what is so wonderful about having older siblings ;) Love you, you SuperMomma :P